he RCA-SM2 kit from Niles gives you easy control over your audio/video system, even if your gear is placed out of sight in a cabinet or closet. It includes everything you need to set up a complete IR (infrared) repeater system and control up to three A/V components:
- MS220 IR sensor - Mount this small sensor in a convenient spot, like next to your TV. It sends the IR commands from your remote control to the IR hub.
- MSU140 IR hub - Accepts incoming IR signals and passes them on to your A/V components.
- three MF1 flashers - Infrared light-emitting devices that carry IR commands from the MSU140 to your A/V gear.
- 50 feet of CAT-5 cable to connect the IR sensor to the IR hub.
IR System Overview: An infrared (IR) extender system enables you to control your IR remote controlled A/V equipment from a remote location. This enables you to place your A/V components out of sight (behind cabinet doors, in the rear of a room, or in a different room) and still conveniently control your equipment.
IR System Components: This infrared extender system includes the following items:
- IR Main System Unit: The MSU140 IR Main System Unit provides a connection hub for the IR sensor or keypads and up to four IR flashers, and it is generally located near the A/V components. The Main System Unit is the heart of an IR extender system.
- IR Sensors: IR Sensors, like the included MS220 surface mount model, are the eyes of the system, receiving IR commands from hand-held remote controls and relaying the commands to the Main System Unit via a CAT-5 or a 4-conductor shielded cable. Generally, sensors are placed so that you can easily and naturally point your remote control directly at them. Sensors are also available in wall-mount, ceiling-mount and tabletop models.
- IR Flashers: These IR MicroFlashers re-transmit the infrared signals from the IR Main System Unit to your A/V components. Flashers are the voice of an IR extender system that speaks to your components.
MSU140 Main System Unit Features
Universal Compatibility: With the necessary accessories, an IR remote control extender system using the MSU140 is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls using carrier frequencies between 26 kHz and 105 kHz.
Wiring: If the distance from the IR sensor to the MSU140 is longer than the attached 10' cable, it can be extended with the included 50' Category 5 (Cat 5) cable. The Cat 5 cable should be terminated with the supplied quick connect sensor plugs. The IR flashers connect to the hub via 3.5mm (1/8") mini-plugs.
Status Input: The MSU140 features a 3-30-volt AC/DC status input jack which provides system status to sensors and keypads when connected to a switched AC or DC output on an audio receiver or preamp. An optional 12-Volt adapter may be necessary.
MS220 IR Sensor Features
Universal Compatibility: When used in a complete system, this IR sensor is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls using carrier frequencies of between 25kHz and 90kHz. The MS220 is also compatible with the recently introduced Philips RCMM codes.
Universal Noise Suppression: The sensor has a patent-pending Universal Noise Suppression design that effectively eliminates IR interference from plasma and LCD TVs, CFL (fluorescent) lighting, and direct sunlight. This two-stage technology combines an optical noise filter with a smart electronic circuit to provide consistent, reliable control.
IR Receiving Range: You get 20' to 35' of remote control range, depending upon the strength of your handheld remote. The IR pickup angle is 30° off-axis (horizontal and vertical) at 25'.
Bi-colored LED: The LED glows green when the system is on and flashes blue to confirm reception of IR commands.
Mounting: The MS220 is designed to surface-mount almost anywhere using its adhesive back. Convenient mounting locations for the MS220 include: on the front panel of a television set, on the front surface of a wall, a cabinet, an appliance, or a speaker grille.
MF1 MicroFlasher Features
Universal Compatibility: When used in a complete system, this IR MicroFlasher is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls using carrier frequencies between 20kHz and 455 kHz.
Mounting: The MF1 is designed for pin-point relaying of IR commands, so it is typically mounted to the infrared remote sensor window of an audio/video component using the self-adhesive backing. The flasher hoods can be used to block any ambient light or other remote signals. The MF1 has a transmitting range of up to approximately 4'.
This product is eligible for free shipping in an order of over $49. Purchase more than $49 worth of products and take advantage of free shipping today.
This product is eligible for free shipping. Buy now to take advantage of free shipping on this item.
This item is only shipped using ground freight shipping. Add to cart and hit the checkout button to see shipping charges for this product.
This product is eligible for free ground shipping. Complete your order now to take advantage of free shipping on this product.
Standard shipping fees apply to this product. Add to cart and hit the checkout button to see shipping charges for this product.
This product is easily integrated into larger home theater systems and home entertainment systems. This product has proven the quality to be considered Home Theater Ready. Start building your home theater today.
Smart televisions, surround sound systems, soundbars and more are available from iElectronics.com, your online destination for home theater equipment and home entertainment systems.
This product has been certified to work well with home automation systems. It is easily integrated with Universal Remote Control, Control4 Home Automation Systems, and other home automation components.
No matter your home automation need, iElectronics.com has the solution for you, from Control4 components to full home automation and Universal Remote Control systems, including expert installation from highly-trained technicians.
Manufacturer guidelines state that this item cannot be directly purchased online. We are able to sell this item to you in our retail location, please call for details.
Give us a call at 1-866-795-5120 for pricing and more information.
Please call us at 1-866-795-5120 for immediate assistance.